Book CITB Test For Gas Engineer CSCS Card

In order to obtain the necessary CSCS Partner JIB Card for a Gas Engineer, you will first need to take the correct CITB Health, Safety and Environment test. For a Gas Engineer, this will be the Health, safety and environment specialist plumbing (JIB) test.
Book CITB Test for Gas Engineer

About CSCS Partner JIB Cards for Gas Engineer

You will need a CSCS or CSCS partner card certifying your qualifications in order to be considered for work on construction sites in the UK, whether major or minor, public or private. CSCS Cards and CSCS partner scheme cards are recognised all over the UK, and the vast majority of job sites require you hold one for entry. The JIB card for Gas Engineers has a validity period of 5 years.

Book Test for CSCS Partner JIB Card

How do I apply for the CSCS card for Gas Engineer?


Book in a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Specialist Plumbing (JIB) Test at your local test centre.


Complete an accompanying accepted qualification for your card.


Apply for your CSCS Partner Blue Gas Engineer JIB Card.

Book Your Test For Gas Engineer

How to obtain a Blue Gas Engineer JIB Card

There are two necessary qualifications to make an application for the CSCS Partner Scheme JIB Blue Gas Engineer Card. You will need to hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in one of the accepted disciplines, certifying you as a Gas Service Engineer. This could be completed as a college diploma.

You will also need to take the mandatory CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test for Specialists - Plumbing (JIB). The result is valid for 2 years and you will need the score report for your blue card application. This can be completed at your local, CITB-approved test centre.

About the CITB Test for Gas Engineer JIB Card

In order to attain any CSCS card it is required that you take the correct CITB test for your occupation and accompanying qualifications. The CITB Health, Safety, and Environment Specialist JIB test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. There are questions focused on basic health, safety and environmental topics related to construction, as well as the specialist questions. In order to pass, you will need to have answered at least 45 questions correctly. Tests are carried out in CITB’s approved centres.

It is very important you revise in advance of your test, as according to statistics the majority of candidates who do not pass their CITB test failed to study for the test in advance.

Booking your CITB Test for JIB Gas Engineer Card

To book your CITB Gas Engineer test, use our simple booking form. Fill in your details and select the ‘JIB’ test. You can then choose your preferred test date and centre. Once this has been completed, you will be able to securely provide your payment information. Your booking information should arrive within around 24 hours.

Frequently Asked Questions:

CSCS stands for “Construction Skills Certification Scheme”. This programme was initiated in 1995 as a way to prevent unqualified individuals from causing mishaps on construction sites. The programme is credited with making construction sites as a whole significantly safer.

To be eligible for the CSCS Blue Card you must
  • Be at least 16 years of age.
  • Have Level 2 construction related NVQ qualification or equivalent (such as a City and Guilds Craft Certificate).
  • Pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test. 

You can start the process and book your CITB Test here.

There are more than 150 CITB Test Centres nationwide, so there is bound to be one near you. When you book your appointment to take the CITB Operatives test you will be given a chance to choose a test centre in your area. If you want to find the location of CITB Blue Card Test centres you can do so here.

No. However, because the vast majority of construction companies in the UK voluntarily comply with the CSCS programme, having a CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card is a requirement if you hope to enter most construction sites In the UK.

You can start the process of getting your CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card by booking your CITB Test here

Once you have satisfied all the requirements and paid the fee your card will be sent to you via the post. It typically takes up to 5-10 working days to arrive, provided you have supplied an accurate address.

If you need to book your Health & Safety Test you can do so here.

Your new CSCS Blue Card will be valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issue. At the end of the 5 year period you will need to renew your CSCS Blue Skilled Worker card by completing another CITB Health & Safety Test and applying for a card renewal.

CITB Test Booking

Book Your CITB Test

Construction Certification 2024 All Rights Reserved.


Construction Certification is a booking agent that works with the constructions industry. Construction Certification is not part of CSCS or CITB.