Terms and conditions
This agreement applies between you, the user of this website and www.constructioncertification.co.uk known in this agreement only as “you” “we” or “us” the owner of this website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
We explicitly state we are not part of CSCS or CITB. A fee is charged for using this service.
We reserve the right to change our policies and terms without notice.
2. Your Right to Cancel.
You may cancel an order within the statutory period of 14 days, however once an order has begun the service will have deemed to have been provided and you will lose the right to cancel your order.
Please note: that we begin processing orders as soon as possible and if you have not received confirmation of your order being processed this does not mean we have not taken steps to begin processing the order and completing our service. We do this so you can receive your booking information, card or course in the shortest amount of time.
In the case that we have made an error in processing your booking we will try to rectify this in every way. If we are unsuccessful we will refund our fee.
Please note all test booking dates and times are subject to availability.
We only accept correspondence via our contact form: Contact Us
. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours except over weekends and bank holidays.
3. Cancellation / Refund Policy
· If a customer cancels their test within 4 full working days prior to the test date no refund can be given. If the test has been booked and the cancellation is over 4 days until their test date a refund for each test booked can be given minus £20 administration charge. Refund requests must be made within 14 days of the original order or no refund can be given.
· Alternatively you can opt to reschedule and we will do this free of charge as long as a request is submitted more than 4 full working days from the test date.
· Cancellations can only be made in writing via email or our contact form from the email address you made payment with.
· Refunds will be made to the crediting credit/debit cards within 10 working days of a valid request. If a refund has taken longer than this please contact us.
4. CSCS Cards
Business Customers who request a refund after placing an order with us will be charged a £20 admin fee. If you request a refund after we have determined that your documents are not appropriate for the card you are applying for, we will also charge a £20 Admin fee
Non-Business Customers - when the customer requests a refund and we have begun work on the application you will be charged a £20 administration fee per card. We commenced our service when you uploaded your required documentation via our system. If you do NOT have the correct documentation you will also be charged an administration fee of £20.
· All CSCS Card applications which have been submitted (completed) are non-refundable.
· New or renewed CSCS cards will not always be issued automatically.
· We will send you a link to upload the documents for your CSCS Card application. You must upload your documents within 30 days or no refund can be given.
· We may contact you with information requests via email relating to your CSCS card application (please check your junk). You must reply to us with the relevant information/qualifications requested. You must do this within 30 days or you will no longer be able to proceed with your application and no refund will be given.
· If you do not receive your CSCS card or any information requests within 14 days of your application please contact us.
· It is the responsibility of the customer and their business to ensure they have or will have the relevant qualifications to be able to process their CSCS card application within 30 days. If the customer or candidate cannot provide a copy of the relevant information or qualifications they will not be entitled to a refund. However if a refund is requested within 30 days, and your application has been worked on but has not been submitted to CSCS we will give a full refund minus £20 administration charge.
· Your CSCS card will generally take 5-10 working days to be sent out to you after you submit all the correct information to us. We can make no guarantee of the timeframe a CSCS card will take to reach you. We do not issue CSCS cards directly and the amount of time for you to receive your card may vary. It may also be delayed due to COVID.
Please note: Business Customers are those customers operating within the Construction Industry using business details to purchase the product i.e. email address and/or address.
5. Revision Guides
All revision guides and books are refundable within 14 days of purchase, Online versions are non-refundable once accessed.
6. Re-schedule Policy
If the candidate wishes to reschedule the test the candidate must do this at least 4 working days before the scheduled test date and time. The candidate will be unable to reschedule within 4 working days of the scheduled test date. We offer free re-scheduling as part of the service as many times as you need it within this period. Go to the contact us form at Contact Us
7. Cancellations and changes
The individual test centres reserve the right to change test dates and times without notice. In this instance we will offer you alternative dates and availability.
Construction Certification, CITB, CSCS and the CITB test centres individually accept no responsibility for any claim, loss, liability, cost or expense of whatever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to by or resulting from a cancellation or change to your test or you not being issued a CSCS card.
When purchasing a CITB test and retake option:
· The candidate will only be allowed one free retest.
· The retest is non transferable between different people.
· The candidate must book their free retest within 7 days of failing their test by emailing us at: Contact Us
8. Fit for purpose
When making an order it is the customers responsibility to ensure the product or service they choose is fit for purpose. We accept no responsibility for a client choosing the wrong test, card or course based on our information or guidance provided from us via this website, phone, email, or any other form of communication. This information is to be used as a general guide before speaking with your site foreman or employer to ensure you are choosing the right card, course or test for your needs or the needs of the person you are making the order for.
9. Absolute COVID Exclusion Policy
We, our staff members, whether directly or indirectly employed or subcontracted or any test centres are released from any claim, loss, liability, cost or expense of whatever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to by or resulting from coronavirus disease (COVID-19), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), or any mutation or variation thereof. This exclusion also applies to any claim, loss, liability, cost or expense of whatever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to by or resulting from: (i) any fear or threat (whether actual or perceived) of; or (ii) any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to any outbreak of; coronavirus disease (COVID-19), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), or any mutation or variation thereof.
We charge an administration fee for our service which includes but is not limited to: Using our simple, easy to use website and forms for application and booking submissions, checking applications for errors, submitting applications, making bookings, the unlimited rescheduling of test dates, finding test date cancellations, information, guidance and support which can help the applicants get on site faster, saving them time and money, email and telephone correspondence where necessary and related training course offerings. Our service fee is between £21-£29 per application/booking. This includes all of the above and VAT at the applicable rate. The total fees are: CITB test: £43, CSCS card £65, Health safety and awareness course £156, revision material £19.95. We reserve the right to vary prices without notice.
11. Health, Safety and Awareness Online Course
· A unique email address is required to create an account.
· A computer/laptop with a webcam, speaker, microphone and google chrome web browser that meets the minimum specifications is required to complete the course. (More on this below)
· You will need to complete the exam registration form and have ID ready to complete your exam.
· The exam can only be attempted following the completion of the entire course.
· Candidates are required to present valid photo ID such as a passport, driving licence, or work related card (photo + full name) prior to the exam.
· Missed or failed exams will be subject to a re-booking fee of up to £60.
· The course does not include either the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test for Operatives or a CSCS card, which must be booked separately and is available on our website.
· Once your final exam is completed it may take up to 14 days for your certification to arrive form the awarding body. This is industry standard for this course.
· The course and its final assessment can ONLY be completed in English.
· The course is non transferable between candidates.
· The course is non refundable. However if you have not logged in to the course we can offer a full refund within 30 days minus £50 admin fee (this is to cover the cost of reallocating the course to another candidate with the awarding body). After 30 days the course and exam are non-refundable. If you have logged in to the course it is non-refundable.
· You must complete your course and exam within 12 months of purchase. After this time has passed you will no longer have access to the course or exam and no refund will be given.
12. The Test Centre’s Right To Cancel
The test centre reserves the right to cancel (including cancellation on the day of the Test) if the Test Centre experiences a problem outside their control (including but not limited to electricity failure, security alert) and in such circumstances you will be offered an alternative test date.
In addition, the test centre may terminate this contract (without liability to you) if you are in material breach of any of any of these conditions.
In the case that your CITB test has been booked, our service is deemed to be provided.
CSCS card applications need to be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the test which you book in with us. After this time your CSCS card application will be invalid and you will need to make the application again.
Online CSCS green card courses cannot be refunded, cancelled or amended.
* Subject to the exceptions in Third Party Intellectual Property of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of us, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
* You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by us.
* Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and
descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
* You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
* Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
* This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of us or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
13. Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires our express permission.
14. Termination and Cancellation
Either we or you may terminate your Account. If we terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving any reasons.
* If we terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will not be cancelled and provision of Services will commence.
* We reserve the right to cancel orders or payments without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment or commencing Services provision.
* You will not be entitled to any refund of the money you have paid to us in accordance with these conditions unless we have been unable to deliver the Service to you in which case we may refund all or part of the money paid in our discretion minus the administration fee.
* Due to the nature of the Service that we provide, we will begin to deliver the service to you with instant effect upon the submission of your order.
* By making your order with us and completing the booking you are consequently providing your authority to us to begin providing our service.
with immediate effect which means that you will not have the right to cancel your agreement with us once you have made your order.
* This provision does not affect your other statutory rights as a consumer.
* If an order or payment is cancelled for any reason by us prior to the commencement of our Services provision you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
15. Services, Pricing and Availability
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the choice of products or services are correct for their specific needs. We accept no responsibility for services or products which do not fit the requirements of the customer.
* Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from us correspond to the actual Services, we are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether.
* We accept no responsibility should you fail to receive your pass certification, CSCS card or any training documentation or correspondence from an awarding body or provider.
* The person completing the online booking is “booker” and is responsible for conforming to all the legal requirements.
* We are not responsible if the candidate does not supply the correct information, is not eligible to attend a test centre, for any of the services offered and or fails to provide the required documentation.
* The granting of and issuance of test pass certification and all associated services are not the responsibility of us or this website.
* Neither us, or this website are affiliated or associated with the any official entities or any official body, trade or organisation. Bookings for all of the services may be submitted directly.
* We do not issue test pass certification or documentation
* All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
* In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and processing that order and taking payment, provision of Services shall commence as per your order and you will be charged the original price.
* All prices are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.
16. Website Owner
The term “you” “we” or “us” refers the owner of this website refers to Construction Certification Ltd 11343266: 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, England, W1W 7LT. Please allow up to 7 working days for us to receive any physical mail to this address. Please also send all correspondence via email to order[email protected]
as well. VAT Number: 369759622
* All notices / communications shall be given to us by post to our Premises (see address above) or via our contact us page
* Such notice will be deemed received 3 working days after posting if sent by first class post or within two working days if sent via email. See above for contact details.
18. Provision of Services
* Provision of services shall commence when full payment has been received or as otherwise detailed in the Terms & Conditions pertaining directly to those Services
* That confirmation shall be considered to be provided when we deliver the email or SMS and no liability shall exist for the provision of incorrect information by the customer.
* Provision of all Services shall be subject to the terms and conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
* In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact us within 7 days to inform us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections to the Services provided are made within a maximum of 14 working days.
* We reserve the right to exercise discretion with respect to any alterations to services under the provisions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
* Any use or enjoyment that you may have already derived from the Services;
* Any characteristic of the Services, which may mean that cessation of provision, is impossible without significant further work on the part and at the expense of us. Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
You consent for your information to be used in line with GDPR and data protection regulations.
You consent that we, and partner companies may contact about your booking, future bookings, courses we feel may be beneficial to you or for any marketing purposes now or in the future unless you opt out in line with regulations.
We, and any partner companies may you with any other relevant information relating to construction training, courses, bookings or future needs we feel you may have. We pass your details onto our suppliers.
As you might have heard, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective on 25 May 2018. The aim is to protect all EU citizens by making data processing transparent, in line with the purpose for which the data has been supplied and to protect the data from unauthorized data access and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world.
In order to enable us and any partner companies to continue to send you information relating to courses you have completed with us including certification, new course information, newsletters with information on new products, events and any other information we feel relevant we kindly by accepting these terms you allow us to process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
* We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
* No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
* No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer cable of acceptance.
* Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take
responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions and Service
* We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If we are required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
Availability of the Website
* The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
* We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, acts of war, natural events or legal restrictions and censorship.
21. Limitation of Liability
* To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and the websites content at their own risk.
* Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms and Conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
22. No Waiver
* In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous Terms and Conditions
* In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
23. Third Party Rights
* Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and us.
24. Law and Jurisdiction
* These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
We may use the word CSCS Test for CITB health, safety and environment test as CSCS test or CITB Test interchangeably.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Credits for icons
* Icons made by Freepik