What do I need to know about the Health, Safety & Awareness (HSA) Course?
This course is suitable for you if you are either considering, or are already working within the construction and civil engineering industry. The course aims to educate you on all of the potential hazards that may present themselves whilst working on site, and provides practical advice on keeping both yourself and others safe in a workplace setting. Once completed you will have a firm understanding of the following:
- Health & Safety law
- How to report unsafe acts in order to prevent accidents
- The need to prevent accidents.
- Both risk assessments and method statements
- Performing safely in your job role and asking for advice where necessary
- How your role fits into the control and management of the construction site
Who is the HSA course suitable for?
This course is recommended for individuals who are living in the UK, are working in the general construction and need to work on construction sites which require CSCS Cards for entry. Most significantly, this course is essential
for those wishing to apply for a CSCS Green Labourers Card.
Why Do I Need To Complete The Health, Safety Awareness Course?
The CSCS Green Labourer card replaced the construction site operative (CSO) in 2014. This made completing a level 1 Health Safety and Awareness qualification mandatory to be able to get a CSCS Green Card. This was introduced to ensure all site workers had a minimum level of training through the Health, Safety and Awareness Qualification.
Completing The Course
The health safety and awareness course is accredited and will allow you to gain the Level 1 award in Health and Safety in a construction environment equivalent upon completion. This is an essential step in applying for a CSCS Green Operatives Card. Please note:
- A unique email address is required to create an account.
- A computer/laptop with a webcam, speaker, microphone and google chrome web browser that meets the minimum specifications is required to complete the course. (More on this below)
- You will need to complete the exam registration form and have ID ready to complete your exam.
- The exam can only be attempted following the completion of the entire course.
- Candidates are required to present valid photo ID such as a passport, driving licence, or work related card (photo + full name) prior to the exam.
- Missed or failed exams will be subject to a re-booking fee of up to £60.
- The course does not include either the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test for Operatives or a CSCS card, which must be booked separately and is available on our website.
- Once your final exam is completed it may take up to 14 days for your certification to arrive form the awarding body. This is industry standard for this course.
- The course and its final assessment can ONLY be completed in English.
- The course is non transferable between candidates.
- The course is non refundable.